Monday, April 17 @ 8:30 am – 5:00 pm —FREE
NCAG, Army One Source and Nebraska State Alliances will co-host a provider symposium focused on building Nebraska’s capacity to support military personnel and families. Subject-matter experts will address the needs of current and former service members, their families providing insight and offering resources to better support Nebraska’s military population. The event is free and open to the public.
On Monday April 17, 2017 a group of key organizations, including Army OneSource, will host a community provider symposium with experts from around the state. For those who work in the critical areas of behavioral health, finance, employment, legal and faith, it’s an opportunity to gain an understanding of the unique needs of our
military population, explore reintegration challenges and learn about resources available to support those who serve or have served our nation.
Keynote speaker, Senator John McCollister will kick off the event at the Fraternal Order of Eagles Lodge at 8:30 a.m. Breakout sessions will start shortly after and continue until 4:00 p.m. at both the Rotert Memorial Art Gallery and the Eagles Lodge.
The goal of the symposium is to bring community leaders together to educate, share ideas and provide tools to address the challenges faced by our Service members, their Families and Veterans.
We have a tremendous day scheduled with four breakout sessions and presentations from experts across the state. Some of the guest speakers include:
• Troy Muller, NCAG Art Director
• Brandy Wallar, Clinical Director & Development, New Visions Homeless Services
• Chaplain Phillip Houser, State Chaplain, Nebraska National Guard
• Elizabeth Yearwood, Economic Development Specialist, Small Business Administration
• Jack Hogston, Financial Coach, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
• Jim Cada, Managing Partner, Cada Cada Hoffman & Jewson
• Salle Stewart, Owner, The 700 Score Company
• Teresa Perez, Regional Manager, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
• Thomas “TJ”Ewin, Community Liaison Military and Veteran Affairs, City of Omaha Mayor’s Office
For more information, contact Greg Marino, Army OneSource (AOS) State Community Support Coordinator, at 314-456-3978 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. An agenda and other materials relevant to the symposium are available upon request.