New Century Art Guild is a 501(c)3 non-profit arts organization co-founded by artists and veterans, and established to serve veterans and their families through the medium of art: professionally, recreationally, and therapeutically.
How does NCAG help veterans professionally?
- Direction in a difficult career field
- Provide skills necessary to obtain suitable employment
- Help navigate VA benefits and other income streams
- Inventory a veteran’s interests, abilities and goals
- Material resources, gallery space
- Bridge the gap between a veteran’s formal education and the start of their professional practice
- Develop artistic ability and business skills
- Annual Veteran Artist Grants
How does NCAG help veterans recreationally?
- Annual art workshop series for veterans
- Veterans use different artistic media each week.
- All experience levels are welcome and no previous art experience is required.
- Topics include: Visual Art, Music and Creative Writing
- Contact point for VA Creative Arts Festival
How does NCAG help veterans therapeutically?
- Help lift “black fog” of PTSD
- Offer emotional support to veterans and their families
- Stay connected to brothers and sisters in arms
- Children’s books written for dependents of military families
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
“We promote professional practices in the field of art by encouraging new careers, new directions and new possibilities for artists and veterans”